Friday, October 26, 2012

Narendranath after the death of his father (contd-1)

A firm faith arose in the mind of Narendranath that all the sufferings would come to an end as soon as he would pray to the Mother. He waited for the night. But when he was going to the temple a sort of inebriation possessed him and he was reeling. Having entered the temple, he saw  the mother actually in the state of Pure Consciousness, actually living, and really the fountain-head of infinite love and beauty. His heart swelled with loving devotion and he forgot for what he had come to the temple.He paid a salute to Her and prayed;
" Mother, grant me discrimination , grant me detachment, grant me divine knowledge and devotion.; ordain me that I may always have an unobstructed vision of thee."
His heart became flooded with peace and devotion and the Mother only occupied his heart.
Ramakrishna again enquired whether he had gone to the Mother or not.    
In the beginning of his discipleship Narendranath denounced imgae-worship. But, after his father's sudden death,  when he had to witness heart-rending sight of extreme poverty at home, he was forced to approach Ramakrishna and to request him to plead with Mother Kali (Bhavatarini) on his behalf. Ramakrishna , however, sent Narendra to pray personally, and and he later expressed his experience thus;
" Reaching the temple, as I cast cast my eyes upon the image, I actually found a serene of peace reigned in my soul and the world was forgotten."
This time also Narendranath could not ask for worldly benefits and he prayed for, divine knowledge and devotion.
After failing for three times,  he thought this might be due to play done by Ramakrishna, he insisted him " this won't do sir. You must utter the prayer for my sake," when Ramakrishna assured him that they would face any difficulty to get plain food and clothing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment